For this assignment, assume you have just been hired by Adventure Works Cycles company. As part of the orientation process, you have been asked to learn a little about the company by reading the “Adventure Works Cycles Company Story.”
Your supervisor also wants you to gain an understanding of the content included in the company database. To do this, you must utilize SELECT and FROM statements like the example provided below.
EXAMPLE: SELECT * FROM [Database].[Schema_Name].[Table_Name]
Access the data dictionary titled “AdventureWorks Scripts for SQL Server,” located in Course Materials, and use SELECT and FROM statements to find the answer to each of the questions below. Create a Microsoft Word document that includes the SQL queries used to explore the database tables and answer the following questions using the queries completed in steps 1–5.
Please note that when SQL queries are run, results are generated in the form of data. This data should be exported and saved to an Excel file for a visual check of accuracy.
- Locate the “Person” table and run a basic SELECT query as listed in the example. List all the available fields and how many records exist in that table.
- On what table and schema would you locate an applicant’s resume data?
- When is the CEO’s Birthday?
- What is the list “ListPrice” of the product “HL Touring Seat Assembly”?
- Is “Holiday Skate & Cycle” a preferred vendor?
Compile the Excel data file and Word document containing the SQL queries and answers to the questions into a .zip file and submit to your instructor.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.