Assignment #6 – Templeton Essays
See the document attached below. (The essays come from this site, http://www.templeton.org/belief/ (Links to an external site.) if you care to explore more) The 13 essays by contemporary thinkers respond to this question: Does Science Make Belief in God Obsolete?
Read two of these essays and write an essay in which you briefly describe the point of view of each author and then also give your reaction to what they said.
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced. (See the syllabus.)
- Assignments should be around 1000 words.