In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected and focused on for the assignments, Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness and External and Internal Environments.
Research the company on its own website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’sFiling & Forms page, the Strayer University’s online databases, the Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Use the Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you do the following:
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the corporate-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the corporate-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Compare their strategies at each level and evaluate which company you think is most likely to be successful in the long term. Justify your choice.
- Determine whether your choice from Question 3 in the Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies Template [DOCX] would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets.
- Use at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Determine business-level and corporate-level strategies for a corporation’s long-term success comparable to the competitive environment.